Thursday, October 4, 2007

Go Speed Racer!

We've finally found a use for all that endless energy that the kids have--running races! I signed myself up for a 5K race at the zoo called the Zoo Run Run. And they also had a kids race called the Roo Run Run. The kids were very excited to get to run in a real race. They both got an oficial race number to wear, and all the kids got a gold medal at the end of the race. Life doesn't get much better than that!

Here I am crossing the finish line, waving at the kids: (I wasn't exactly fast--I finished 179th for the women, out of 296, but I ran the whole way, and had a great time)



Here's the big hug I got after crossing the finish line:


Here are the 3 runners together:


Here's Paul's race (he's in the middle, above the blue shoulder)


And Sam's race (he's on the left in the stripes)


And the two happy guys with their gold medals:


And a few more pictures from the day:





No comments:

Clark and I

Clark and I