Saturday, August 9, 2008

Conversations with a 4 year old

I was talking on the phone to a friend yesterday afternoon. She'd just returned home, after spending several days in Milwaukee, visiting family.

I asked her "How was Milwaukee?"
Paul interrupted and said "Who is Meeyaukee?"
I told him "Milwaukee is a place, not a person."
He said "oh. Okay."
Then a minute later he interrupted again.
"Can we go to Meeyaukee now?"
I said "no, not right now."
"Why not?"
"Because it's far away, and we don't have any reason why we need to go there."
"But it sounds like a fun place!"
"Um, maybe sometime we'll go to Milwaukee."
"Can we go tomorrow?"
"Maybe."
"Oh. Okay."

This is why I don't talk on the phone often. I rarely get to actually talk to the person who is on the other end of the phone line!!!

No comments:

Clark and I

Clark and I