Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweetie Pie

Well, I was having a not-so-fun evening yesterday, because today I get to have a colonoscopy. So last night I was doing the prep. Clark took care of the boys, explaining to them that Mommy didn't feel very good, and needed to be left alone. I gave them a hug and kiss goodnight, but otherwise didn't see them the whole evening.

Until Sam came out of his room about 20 minutes after bedtime. Said he had a present for me. He brought me a piece of paper that had "best mommy ever award" written on it, and a picture of me standing on a platform with a medal around my neck. (can you tell he enjoyed the olympics?) I told him he was so sweet, and gave him a big hug and thanked him.

About 2 hours later I went upstairs to go to bed. Sitting on my pillow was another piece of paper, which said "To: Mommy From: Sam" on it. And sitting next to this paper was a circle of paper, about 4 inches in diameter, colored entirely yellow. With a big #1 written on it. And a string taped to it. Yes, he actually made me a gold medal.

So while it hadn't exactly been a fun evening, I went to bed with a big smile on my face.

No comments:

Clark and I

Clark and I